Saturday, April 6, 2013

GRANDMA'S PRAYERS

Where would we be without the prayers of those who love us? I am comforted daily, simply knowing that my mother is praying for me! She will be 96 years old on Monday! That's a lot of years practice in petitioning the Lord for the desires of her heart! She doesn't just pray, "Dear God, bless my little girl." She prays in SPECIFICS!  Not only for me, but for my two brothers, my sister, each of their children, and their children, as well! Yes, she has a notebook with a page for each of her four children with specific needs and situations of concern for each member of our individual families. We might be tempted to think, "Well, she's got lots of time on her hands, so she can spend time praying..." But how many people do you know that actually PRAY more than two or three minutes a day, outside of the random "God, Help Me!" prayers uttered in a crisis?   It is my desire to learn from her this practice of Praying daily for the needs of my family.  No, I don't have my notebook for my prayer concerns yet....but it is definitely on my priority list of things that I HAVE TO DO!  I know that my time for learning from her is limited. Because of this reality, I am daily more aware of the things that are crucial for my continued Spiritual growth.

"Thank you, Lord, for a Godly mother! Help me to use the time we have together. Please help me to be the mother I need to be for my own children, and to pass down to them the heritage, and practice of prayer, that I have received."



All these thoughts on prayer are relevant, because after years of Mom praying for me, and her continued warring on my behalf in the Spiritual realm, I am making progress in my battle for health!  When the temptations are strong, I am aware of the power that her prayers are bringing down from Heaven! It's real, Folks! Prayer is a powerful thing!  James 5:16 still stands!  We are commanded to confess our sins/weaknesses to one another and pray for healing! The promise is there that "the prayers of a righteous man (or woman) are powerful and effective (AVAILS MUCH=GREAT RESULTS!) There is a wonderful commentary on James 5: 16 and how to pray effectively at http://www.wordsoflife.co.uk/BibleStudy/Series43/Study11.htm

Happy Birthday, Mom! (Born on April 8th, 1917)

Mama's 101st Birthday on Sunday will be celebrated in Heaven with her Lord Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment