Saturday, February 23, 2013

Staying Alert for Pitfalls

Okay, yesterday I put myself  "out there" for all to see......now the work begins.  I know the basic eating plan of protein, lots of water, small amounts of fruit and veggies, but there are some things I have historically stumbled over. These are the pitfalls that tend to show up so often, I should probably just expect them:
*failing to drink enough water
*too much sodium
*processed meat choices
*larger portions than are allowed (measure!)
*poor PLANNING and PREPARATION (results in grabbing the wrong foods on the run)
*Emotional upheavals, which, left unchecked, results in poor eating choices.

SO...today I WILL:

Drink a gallon of Water!
Avoid sodium-based, processed foods.
Measure (at least when it comes to fruit and veggies)
Prepare some Grab-n-Go proteins: lean meats, egg muffins, omelets, etc.
When emotionally stressed or thrown into an inner panic or fit of anger:
     PAUSE/WAIT/PRAY....do not eat impusively
     THINK of why I want to eat, what I'm feeling and what it is that I really want besides food.....
     JOURNAL my thoughts, feelings, prayers
     ACT in constructive and not destructive or self-defeating ways..........
     EATING IN THESE SITUATIONS IS RARELY THE RIGHT THING TO DO.....Drink Tea! .

Today and tomorrow (Saturday and Sunday) are difficult days for eating correctly, but I will follow my plan and stay alert for dangers that would delay and destroy my progress.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a GREAT DAY!I feel good, in control and on my way to meeting some personal weight-loss goals! Thank you for reading my daily musings!

    ReplyDelete