Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WHAT HAPPENED? Where'd My Strength Go?


So...I woke up this morning feeling "out of sorts." I went through my morning routine of Coffee, RX's and writing in my journal.....and STILL, I am in a funk!  I have no obvious reason to feel Blue or Blah or whatever you want to call it.....but just kinda' like an engine that needs a tune-up!.....So, what do you do when you don't feel like coping....but are just strong enough to know that you must COPE ANYWAY?  I also began to think, "What in the world do I have to offer anyone today that is worth reading?"

One thing that I have learned over the first couple of years of my journey is that feelings are very unreliable and that motivation is fleeting;  excitement and positive thinking can be here today and gone tomorrow....I think it's called LIFE! 


While looking for this little poster on motivation, I also found a wonderful scripture of direction and guidance from the Word.


This statement of resolve and faith from Psalm 121 will be my watchword today!  I can claim this promise and rest assured that I have the Lord by my side no matter how I may feel at the moment.  As I have done before, I will put my "blinders on" and putting one foot in front of the other, I will press on!  Eating badly would only discourage me and make me angry for having abandoned my goals. My motivation to succeed would not be helped by delaying my efforts until another day when I "felt like it!"   So, knowing that the Lord of creation loves me and will walk through this day with me, I will continue on the path, regardless of the temporary emotional upheaval that I am experiencing today! I know that at the end of the day I will feel empowered for having made the right choice, and as always, "Tomorrow is another day!"


  



No comments:

Post a Comment