Friday, March 22, 2013

GENERATION TO GENERATION

 Even when I am old and gray, God, do not abandon me. Then I will proclaim Your power to another generation, Your strength to all who are to come.  Psalm 71:18

When it comes to being "old" I am sure that I am in denial of the years accumulating on my life.  I have been blessed with grandmothers who lived into their nineties, and my mother who will be 96 in just a few weeks!  I'm sure it is because of this, that I don't feel that 50-something is OLD. My hair folicles are the only give away; but of course, theres always MS. CLAIROL to take care of those!


But, on a serious note, occasionally I am made mindful of the question posed: "What will be my legacy?"  Will I be the mom who was sick all the time, too large to move around and have fun, became bed-ridden due to massive weight-gain? A mom who became defeated, depressed and 'gave up' on her life? Heaven-forbid!! I was on-track for these things to be true, but NO MORE!

 The legacy of a woman who was once helpless, super-morbidly obese,  nearly bed-ridden, having given up any HOPE of life being different in the years to come....has and is being changed day by day!  Luckily, I probably have a few more years left to build a new and better legacy for my family! A legacy of Not giving up! One of having a message of hope and help for the generation to follow! The legacy that I desire to build and leave for my five children and their families is one of FAITH IN GOD, VICTORY OVER CARB-ADDICTION, and the physical and emotional evidence of the POWER OF GOD manifested in a MIGHTY WAY!

There are very few pictures of me at my heaviest weight, but there will be plenty of me at a normal weight to share with my grandchildren! God will be glorified in the miracle of my life! I have not arrived...but the journey continues.   Praise God, I can WALK enough to "Put one foot in front of the other!" May I never forget the past as I forge ahead toward a better and healthier future! Building a positive legacy as I LIVE day-by-day in HIS POWER!



  • Day by day, and with each passing moment,
    Strength I find to meet my trials here;
    Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
    I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
    He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
    Gives unto each day what He deems best,
    Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
    Mingling toil with peace and rest.
    Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
  • With a special mercy for each hour;
    All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
    He whose name is Counsellor and Pow’r.
    The protection of His child and treasure
    Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
    “As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,“
    This the pledge to me He made.
  • Help me then, in every tribulation,
    So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
    That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation,
    Offered me within Thy holy Word.
    Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
    E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
    One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
    Till with Christ the Lord I stand.







  • 1 comment:

    1. I love you mom, you have made me the person I am today. :)

      ReplyDelete